- This event has passed.
Northwest Ohio Project STIR Training
September 5 @ 9:00 am - September 6 @ 3:00 pm
September 5th & 6th, 2019 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Fraternal Order of Eagles: 711 W Second St, Defiance, OH 43512
This training is for adults receiving board services and those who support them. It is designed to provide tools to advocate for yourself, network and gain leadership skills.
- Speaking up about employment (a job) and other things important to you:
- Knowing Yourself & Standing Up for Yourself
- Communicating (effective and non-effective ways)
- Solving Problems (individually and as a group)
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Tools that can help you find a job
- Learn to start or strengthen a local network group
- Plan next steps for training and leading others
Participant fee = $155
(Contact your SSA if you need financial assistance.)
Participant fee covers:
- Ally supporting the participant (Ask a person to be your ally who is willing to commit to assist you in local advocacy efforts.)
- Lunch both days and afternoon snacks for participant and ally.
- T-shirt for participant and ally
- Access to training materials after the presentation.
You won’t want to miss this training opportunity!
- Provides the practical, “how to” tools to be a self-advocate and leader in making choices and decisions about a job and how to live your life.
- Empowers people with disabilities, with support from families, friends and other connections to use leadership skills to take charge of their lives.
- Develops or strengthens local advocacy groups by establishing structure, purpose and connections with others, including the business community.
Must attend both FULL days, in order to receive a certificate.
Register by August 16th!
STIR Registration Sheet 2019