Explore your options
Employment is the goal of many adults, including adults with developmental disabilities. We are here to listen to your goals and support your life choices with the right resources and connections to be successful, including employment.
We partner with other state agencies and a variety of providers to create successful employment experiences for the individual, as well as the employer. A large part of the Community Employment Program is the Employment First Partnership.
Every person has abilities, skills and talents to enrich the community and people around us. We believe every working-age adult with developmental disabilities has opportunity to explore their career options and seek jobs that fit their skills and interests.
Young people with developmental disabilities will learn about employment options and planning during their school years. Adults with developmental disabilities should have support teams that assist in learning more about how abilities and interests can match opportunities in with workplace.
Community employment brings so many benefits:
- Greater independence and wealth building potential.
- Improved self-esteem and personal satisfaction.
- Employers and co-workers benefit through more diversity and a broader range of capable employees available.
- Retention rates among individuals with disabilities are above average.
- Individuals with disabilities are loyal customers to businesses who support them.
- A healthy workforce includes individuals with different abilities.
- You may be eligible for a Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)