The Williams County Board of Developmental Disabilities is determined to ensure the availability of programs, services, and supports that assist individuals with developmental disabilities, of all ages, and their families, in choosing and achieving a life of increasing capability such that they can live, play, and work in the community.
The Community Inclusion Specialist will work directly with individuals with developmental disabilities. Job responsibilities include:
- Connecting eligible individuals of all ages to the local community in order to foster independence, inclusion, and partnership among all;
- Coordinating with individuals, families, community organizations and businesses to strengthen connections;
- Providing supports for advocacy, volunteer, and recreational activities.
This is a full-time, hourly position, working 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. Benefits include medical insurance; membership into Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); paid leave and holidays; and, flexible schedule including the opportunity for telework. This position does require some weekends, evening hours, travel, and occasional overnight trips.
The Community Inclusion Specialist position requires great communication skills with a variety of people, flexibility, the ability to multi-task, and a sense of fun and adventure. Qualified applications should have the ability to problem-solve, manage time effectively, and can collaborate with partner agencies. Additional qualifications include:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in social work, special education, or related field;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and be insurable; and
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
Williams County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 05653 State Route 15, Bryan, OH
Commensurate with experience
Send Cover Letter, Resume, and Completed Ohio Civil Service Application To:
Williams County Board of DD
Attn: Nichole Rigelman, Director of Business
05653 State Route 15
Bryan, OH 43506
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org