The Director of Community Services is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and managing Service and
Support Administrators, as well as community employment services/transitional youth services provided by
WCBDD to eligible individuals in order to obtain and maintain competitive or supported employment in the
community. Promotes community life engagement for individuals served as well as the vision and mission
statement of the Williams County Board of DD. Is responsible for monitoring the continued progress of the
Employment First rule, promoting community employment as a culture that fosters job opportunities and
Job responsibilities include:
– Oversee the intake and eligibility process.
– Supervise SSA schedules, review and approve leave requests and expenditure forms.
– Meet with the Superintendent on a regular basis for advice and counsel for needed support.
– Monitor and support the Community Employment/Transitional Youth process.
– Provide supervision and technical support for Service and Support Administrators.
– Work closely with Service and Support Administrators to identify and develop person centered plans
with a focus on community life engagement for individuals on their caseload.
– Coordinate HCBS waiver funded services, and monitor the implementation of quality assurance
measures, all in accordance to federal, state, and/or WCBDD policies.
– Function as a member of the WCBDD management team and attend Management Meetings as
– Present program report for the SSA Department at Board Meetings upon request of the
– Serve as primary agency liaison and develop partnerships with appropriate agencies, including
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Job and Family Services, mental health partners, waiver
service providers, public school staff, community employers, local leaders, state and federal officials,
individuals and guardians/family members.
– Monitor the completion of all applicable required state department(s) reporting procedures.
– Collaborate with other agencies involving grants and/or additional funding addressing the needs of
students/adults with disabilities.
– Help support public awareness regarding supported community employment and value added when
hiring individuals with disabilities.
– Ensure all fiscal documentation related to targeted case management, Medicaid Administrative
Claiming, cost projection tool, etc. are complete and maintained as required.
– Review and approve Individual Service Plans.
– Facilitate the waiver enrollment process with Service and Support Administrators.
– Assist with the development and implementation of the Williams County Board of DD Strategic Plan.
– Perform other duties as required by the Superintendent.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. Benefits include medical insurance;
membership into Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); and paid leave and holidays.
The Director of Community Services requiresthe ability to inspire and lead staff, provide comprehensive training
and oversight to employees; manage multiple tasks, manage crisis situations, and collaborate with partner
agencies. Additional qualifications include:
– Bachelor’s Degree in social work, special education, or related field;
– Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain an Ohio Department of DODD Service and Support
Administration Supervisor Certification;
– Have at least four years paid work experience in programs or services for individuals with
– Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and be insurable; and,
– Must pass a criminal background check.
Williams County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 05653 State Route 15, Bryan, OH
This position does require periodic travel including occasional overnight trips throughout the state.
Commensurate with experience
Send Resume & Cover Letter To:
Williams County Board of DD
Attn: Jennifer Basselman, Superintendent
05653 State Route 15
Bryan, OH 43506
Or email to: email@example.com
May 13, 2022